Friday, November 5, 2010

My Studio During Christmas Rush


I
thought I might entertain you with a photo of my studio during Christmas rush season. Everyone is ordering and much jewelry to make! Yay! In the photo above, you see an engraving ball, which holds pieces while you engrave them. The orange ear muffs are hearing protection. You can get constant ringing in your ears and deafness from the high-pitched ping of the silversmith's hammer. The red handle above it is a jeweler's saw. This saw is primo! I love it. The round steel objects are mandrels.

1 comment:

  1. The Etsy group I'm in just posted blogs about our studios, too. If you'd like to see mine, you can go here: http://sandytoesjewelry.blogspot.com/ At the end of mine are links to the other's blogs, too. If you're like me, you're always "gleaning" ideas from other jewelers! I like your leather sand bag!

    ReplyDelete