Wednesday, October 28, 2009
I'm working on engraved copper books decorated with aquamarines and silver and 14K gold rivets. I've made a hinge in class. It needs a lot of clean up work! I'm going to start with a little power sanding, and then finish the hinge with hand sanding. I've drilled some of the holes for the silver rivets that will represent waves.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
To celebrate the birth of my new blog, I'm giving away a pair of real swiss blue topaz and sterling silver earrings. Just post a comment telling me what you love from my shop!
Want extra entries? After you do each of the following, post a comment here and it'll count as an extra entry.
- Tweet about this giveaway. Suggested Tweet: "Enter the Swiss Blue Topaz Briolette Earring Drawing! http://emilywiser.blogspot.com @EmilyWiser"
- Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/EmilyWiser
- Become my Fan on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Emily-Wiser-Jewelry/124010993382?ref=nf
- Post a link to the giveaway on your Facebook fan page and leave a link to your Facebook fan page. I'll be a fan of yours!
- Blog about this giveaway and post your link here.
- Follow this blog.
Sunday, October 11, 2009
The .925 you see stamped on jewelry means that it's sterling silver. .925 means that it is 92.5% silver, with the rest of the alloy being mainly copper. Sterling silver is tougher than fine silver. (Fine silver is 100% silver). Sterling silver works well for rings and for jewelry that needs strength. Fine silver is used mainly for pendants that do not need to be made out of a strong metal.
Earlier this year, my HGTV appearance on the craft show "That's Clever" finally aired. The shoot took all day long. They had one director, a producer, a camera man, and a sound technician. It certainly took a long time to get a short segment. We had to do a lot of shots over again. But the crew were all very nice and it was a lot of fun.